Monday, October 17, 2011

Response to The "Occupy" movement

I am Glad to see people thinking- It is each persons responsibility to do so- We have enough 4 legged sheep without increasing their numbers with the two legged variety. I am not the voice of this crowd- nor do I really believe in some of the rhetoric. Here are my two cents.

Equality- It is a admirable thing to quest for, however it will always elude us. It is not in our nature to truly live equal. We may have been created equal-- but once we draw our 1st breath..our differences drive us. Economic disparity, social inequity, religious beliefs, sickness,geography...the list in infinite. We each need to live in accordance with our own abilities and our own means- however unfair that that seems- no one owes anyone anything... ever. What people give of their own free will is another issue. If one keeps their expectations at this level- a happy life you will have.

(I am a HS grad-- barely, a veteran, no college Yet I have raised kids owned three homes (2 of which over $100,000 ) Owned over $200,000 dollars of vehicles. I've been divorced, paid child support. I have been bankrupt. I have come back swinging. I have had all these things by working. I am fortunate enough to earn a decent living in a profession that is not factory or assembly work - I have no formal training -- I have trained myself. I have worked at fast food, convenience stores, sold sporting goods, photographer, sold shoes, bartender, have been a handyman, a CNA, a phlebotomist, electronics and computers. Quite often I did these jobs two or three at a time.. the list goes on-- you get it-- right now I am up-- I could be back down-- big deal- that's life.

The government,banks, churches are not responsible for our happiness or our successes-
Protest!! it helps!.. but when the day is done... and the signs are put away.. remember-- you can shout strong words-- but change only comes through actions!! I can look at myself in the mirror and say--I have put it into action.

For those That are truly unable to work (health, injuries or age) I bow my head with respect and have no venom for you. Carry on-- because I know I will-- and I will be there to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment